Converse Chuck Taylor All Star shoes are one of the most popular and most comfortable sneakers out there for both sexes. It is almost certain you’ll find a pair or more of its high top or low top classics in the wardrobes of sneaker freaks.
Even though the classics are usually the most preferred, their wide range of collaborative pieces – be it limited or mass-produced – also make for a collector’s item among fans.
- Thebe Magugu takes us back to his hometown in SA for his autumn/winter 2020 collection
- How to find the perfect lipstick that will work for your skin tone while making your lips pop
- 10 times our favorite celebrity couples broke the internet with matching outfits
- Misty Copeland, the first African-American female principal dancer with the American Ballet Theater
- Here are the most powerful black dressers of 2019
More about this
The classics, though usually looking simple with their few color combinations and design aesthetics can, however, be given awesome, eye-catching looks through artistic customizations in most instances, unlike the other brands.
Fast becoming a norm among fans, worn-out Chuck Taylor classics nowadays are not usually binned, no matter how faded or rugged they may look. Instead, collectors employ the services of sneaker customizers to make them look as good as new.
In Africa for instance, these popular sneakers are usually given new looks with traditional African prints and the end results are usually jaw-dropping. So, just in case you have a pair of worn-out Chuck Taylors and you’re looking at disposing of them, don’t. Here are a few African print makeover suggestions you can give them.
Scroll through and let us know your favorite: