Afriski Mountain Resort is an hour drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria through the steep tarred Moteng pass and the Mahlasela pass.
It is said to be the gateway to a world of new adventures. It is a great getaway location for sports and outdoor enthusiasts.
- A tour of the Ghanaian hotel set to be the largest in Africa with 2,200 rooms [VIDEO]
- Four unconventional restaurants in Africa you must experience in your lifetime
- The top four paradise island destinations in Africa you need to visit before you die
- These global African celebrities return to their homelands every chance they get
- Road trip essentials to have a smooth journey
More about this
For the outdoor-loving families, this resort is also a great place to be. Corporate entities can also choose this location for their annual retreat and team building activities.
It doesn’t matter what season it is; this lodge is open all year round. In the summer, one can hike on the mountains, or engage in other fun activities like trail running, mountain biking, camping, among others.
The place turns into a plush ski lodge during the winter. You get to experience the snow and ski slopes in Lesotho just like any ski lodge in Europe or the U.S.
Afriski is the only skiing resort in Lesotho, and an interesting perk is, it is a mosquito-free zone. It is near the Maluti Mountains located 3030 m above sea-level. This extreme cold condition makes it difficult for mosquitoes to survive.
Here are some lovely photos of Afriski: