Lupita Nyong’o has indeed had a great time in Nigeria these past few days.
The Oscar-winning Kenyan actress, who recently celebrated her 37th birthday in Lagos, Nigeria, was seen having massive fun at a Lagos party rocking a Nigerian attire and she looked really amazing.
- Seven times Gabrielle Union and her daughter have slayed in matching outfits
- Jada Pinkett Smith is all the hair inspiration we need in our lives
- How to make domedo, the spicy pork and popular street food in Ghana
- A look at how Cuban graffiti is giving life to the country’s landscape
- A brief history of the Caribbean rum cake, the favorite holiday dessert of the islanders
More about this
The Black Panther star took to her Instagram page to share beautiful photos of her in Nigeria’s aso-ebi with a blue headgear that was tied perfectly.
Nyong’o also had a blue bag plus other blue accessories to match her attire and flawless skin while at the event which celebrated the life of Engr. Olusegun Akann Doherty.
The celebrated actress has been in Nigeria as she prepares for the shooting of HBO Max’s ordered series for Chimamanda Adichie’s award-winning book, Americanah.
As part of her promotional run for the series, Nyong’o attended a private reception in Lagos which was hosted by the Nigerian author.
Speaking to the Premium Times at the event, she revealed the series will be filmed at different locations in the West African nation. The Hollywood star, who will be playing the character of Igbo girl, Ifemelu, also revealed she is currently learning to speak the Igbo and English language so as to naturally fit in her role.
Swipe to see photos and video of her ‘Lagos Slay Queen’ look below: