When Nike released the Nigerian national football team’s kit for the FIFA World Cup in 2018, the internet went berserk.
Its uniquely beautiful and striking home and away jerseys complemented with its accoutrements of tracksuits and other accessories instantly became a must-have and a collector’s item.
- A look at some of the amazing designs by Dominican-born fashion icon Oscar de la Renta
- These ’80s fashion trends are in vogue today – here’s how to wear them
- Check out these incredible paintings by Desmond Blair, the artist born without hands
- Check out GabiFresh’s latest wild safari swimsuit collection featuring the late Mama Cax
- What Cynthia Erivo and other celebs wore to the ‘Harriet’ movie premiere in L.A. [Photos]
More about this
Prior to and upon its release, the kit broke some records. Nike reportedly received a staggering 3 million pre-orders, making it the highest ever for an African team. The kits also sold out immediately they hit the shelves.
Fast forward 2020, Nike has most definitely continued from where they left off with their latest kit for Naija which was unveiled Wednesday.
According to the sportswear manufacturer, the home kit, which is all sorts of awesome, is a blend of the traditional elements of their famous agbada dress and modern football design. The hand-drawn kit pattern is “highly symbolic of Nigerian heritage with nods to nobility and family.”
The away kit, they say, is “inspired by Onaism, a traditional artistic movement central to Nigerian design and craft represented in the trim details.”
The collection will also come with other apparel including a poncho, vest, dress, among others.
Take a look at the eye-catching kits below: