It’s an established fact Toronto Raptors and Congolese basketball star Serge Ibaka can easily take up a career in fashion should he decide to give it a try.
The NBA champion is known for his classy fashion taste and conspicuous pregame attires.
- We can never have enough of Black Magic, here are 10 celebs who prove that Black don’t crack
- Artist transforms Lion King characters into ‘humans’ and they look amazing
- Meet Winnie Harlow, the first model with vitiligo to walk the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- These cute photos of dads going all in to style their daughters’ hair will make you smile
- Looking for African print alternatives to suits for formal meetings and events? Try these
More about this
In a recent interview with GQ, the ‘Fashion King’ credited his exquisite taste in fashion to his Congolese origins.
“Ask anybody from Africa which country is the best in terms of dressing, and they’ll tell you Congo,” he said. “Where I come from, dressing is a culture. When I go back home, I cannot dress bad. I cannot miss, or people will be like, ‘What’s going on with you, Serge? Did you lose your mind, or what?’ That’s the culture,” said Ibaka, who is also the host of YouTube fashion show Avec Classe.
One element of his dressing that he usually cannot do away with and is also admired for, is his scarves.
Touching on that, the basketball star revealed to GQ he has a collection of over 60 and also highlighted his five favorites. Take a look at them below and add them to your collection if you’re also a scarf fan and can afford it!
Louis Vuitton monogram soft stole
Paul Smith striped scarf
Nobis storm camo woven scarf
Burberry giant icon check classic scarf
Dior CD oblique square scarf