Snoop Dogg’s son Cordell Broadus played football at UCLA before deciding to leave to pursue fashion entrepreneurship.
Fans have been impressed with that until last Friday when photos emerged of him showing off a feminine side while rocking makeup, a pink blouse adorned with a large flower, and an earring.
- Looking for African print alternatives to suits for formal meetings and events? Try these
- Queen Latifah to play lead role in CBS ‘Equalizer’ reboot
- Africa’s five most fashionable first ladies to take style cues from
- Keke Wyatt had a beautiful maternity shoot to announce her tenth baby [Photos]
- Serena Willliams turns to makeup tutorials while living in solitude due to coronavirus
More about this
It is unclear when the 22-year-old took those photos and for what purpose, but they are just not what people would like to see based on reactions online.
Commenting on the photos in a video recording on his Instagram story, Broadus said: “I was embodying a role, that shit was on masculinity and I channeled my inner Prince, I channeled my inner Rick James, and I don’t understand it.”
“Whenever other artists that are not black wear makeup, paint their nails or put eyeliner on, society doesn’t put a label on them. Me being an artist, I don’t follow the rules. So you can miss me with all the opinions and labeling.”
Broadus, the second child of rapper Snoop Dogg, has been a talented football player since childhood. When he finished high school, he received an athletic scholarship to UCLA, where he played for the UCLA Bruins. He, however, quit his football career to pursue other things. Modeling appears to be one of them.
Scroll through his latest controversial photos in the gallery below and tell us what you think.