As public health officials all over the world race to contain the coronavirus outbreak, South Africa’s international music sensation Ndlovu Youth Choir has released a song aimed at raising awareness about the deadly virus.
The song, Fight Against Coronavirus, was released this week and encourages good hygiene habits to protect against the virus.
- 10 basic things every black man should have in his closet
- Things you didn’t know about TLC’s hit single ‘Creep’
- The night runners of Kenya who enjoy frightening their neighbors while naked
- Looking for the perfect Christmas gift for your bestie? Check out these present ideas
- Popular traditional Caribbean dances with African roots you need to know
More about this
Coronavirus, officially known as COVID_19, has killed more than 7,000 people and affected over 180,000 worldwide since it emerged last December.
People are currently being advised to protect against the spread of the virus with actions such as washing their hands and covering their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
In the newly-released music video by Ndlovu Youth Choir, the group, dressed in brightly colored traditional dresses, sings and dances while advising the following:
- Don’t panic
- Don’t spread rumors
- Don’t touch your face
- Wash your hands thoroughly
The Ndlovu Youth Choir, a group of young South African singers, gained international fame when it entered and made it to the finals of America’s Got Talent.
Its coronavirus song is in a local dialect but with English translations.
Watch the music video below:
— Ndlovu Youth Choir (@ChoirAfrica) March 11, 2020