The start of the year has been pretty much awesome for Grammy award-winning musician Alicia Keys. The last weekend has seen her celebrate and mark two amazing feats – her 39th birthday as well as hosting the Grammy Awards for the second year in a row on Sunday.
To mark what was a very worthwhile weekend, the singer was joined by family and friends at an after-party to celebrate another year of her life.
- Five fragrances to get you in the mood this Valentine’s Day
- Why having a plump wife in Africa was believed to be a sign of wealth
- Looking for a no-carb bread alternative? Try this cloud bread recipe
- These 10 quotes from black leaders will help you overcome whatever life throws at you in 2020
- We can never have enough of Black Magic, here are 10 celebs who prove that Black don’t crack
More about this
The highlight of the night was when her husband, Swizz Beatz, presented her with a rather unorthodox birthday gift – a tea company.
Known as “Alicia’s Teas”, the beverage will be distributed in Starbucks. Reading the product’s description, a very surprised Keys couldn’t believe her husband pulled that off!
“It means you did this very far in advance,” she said.
Her husband replied and said: “Everybody in Starbucks all around the world, y’all gonna see gonna see Alicia Teas. Blessings, blessings. Happy birthday, baby. Love you.”
Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz got married at a private home by the Mediterranean Sea in Italy in 2010 when she was pregnant with their first child. They have two boys together.
Swizz Beatz also showed her some love on his Instagram page with an emotional birthday tribute.
“Once again Happy Superwoman Birthday to my amazing wife. You’re truly a gem that this world needs at all times,” he captioned. “I thank you on behalf of our entire family Queen. Love 4 life ALICIA THE GREAT …..”
Take a look at her reaction to her surprise birthday gift below: